To get in touch regarding the event, please use the email details below.
Email Judith@discovergathergive.co.uk or please fill in the form below and we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible, thank you.
General And Policy Updates
Last updated January 2019
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you agree to receive email newsletters.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to provide our service. For example, if you want to join or visit #Cafdgg or workshops we’ll collect your address details in case we have to cancel or change the event in some way.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your #Cafdgg attendance history of many exhibitors and visitors to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new services/classes/events.
We collect your name, address, contact phone number, social media accounts and email address.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you join #Cafdgg and fill in any forms.
- When you buy services from us to deliver teaching, workshops or talks.
- When you purchase a service by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you sign up for our newsletter.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, compliments, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product or service.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
How We Use This Information
We may combine the personally identifiable information you provide to the Web site to help you and may use your information to:
- enable the web site and its operators to process, manage, and deliver your requests
- respond to your specific inquiries
- register you for #Cafdgg events, workshops or visiting our Private View
- to troubleshoot and provide technical support
- to give the web site administrators information to help develop new features for you and improve site navigation
- to resolve disputes, prevent and detect fraud, and help #Cafdgg avoid legal liability
- to notify you of changes to workshops or the web site itself
- for other purposes.
We do not sell give or share your information to anyone, nor do we allow paid advertising on our Web Site.
You are responsible for keeping login names and passwords (if used) confidential and are responsible for all actions taken with your login name and password, including feeds.
If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password. We strongly suggest that you use a username and password that is not used anywhere else on the Internet. All of these options are available for change after you have logged into the Web Site (when it becomes available).
Like most standard Web sites, we use log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamps, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
However, none of the information stored in the log files, including but not limited to IP addresses, is linked to personally identifiable information.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Third Party Links
Our Web site may contain links and pointers to other Internet sites maintained by third parties. #Cafdgg is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party sites and we highly recommend you read the privacy policies of those sites when you visit them.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a Key employee of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision)
- You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as detailed below.
To ask for your information please contact Judith@Discovergatghergive.co.ukor write to 27, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7JZ
To ask for your information to be amended please contact us. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. We will make a £10 charge to process this request. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it. If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us at www.discovergathergive.co.uk on the contact form or Judith@discovergathergive.co.uk